Hemoparasiticide indicated in cattle, sheep and goats for the control and treatment of tripanosomosis caused by Trypanosoma vivax, T. congolense, T. brucei and T. evansi.
Each mL of reconstituted product contains:
- Isometamidium Chloride Hydrochloride 20 mg
- Excipients c.s.p. 1 mL
Species for which it is recommended:
Bovines, ovines and caprines.
Route of administration:
To prepare the solution, dissolve each 1 gram of lyophilized powder with 50 mL of sterile water for injection.
- Preventive treatment: administer 0.5 mg Isometamidium / kg of live weight, in practice 1 mL of FIGAMIDIUM for every 40 kg of live weight. This dose provides protection for 2 to 6 months depending on the Trypanosoma strain.
In areas of medium to high incidence, doses of 1 mL of FIGAMIDIUM / 20 kg of body weight (1 mg Isometamidium / kg of body weight) can be used.
- Curative treatment: administer 0.25 mg Isometamidium / kg body weight, in practice 1 mL FIGAMIDIUM / 80 kg body weight.
Individual hypersensitivity to the components of the formulation.
Treated animals should not be sacrificed for human consumption until 30 days after the end of treatment.
- Shake well before using.
- Store in the refrigerator and use it for a maximum of 24 hours after reconstitution. Discard the excess.
- Do not administer subcutaneously.
- Do not administer concomitantly with other trypanocides.
- Doses greater than 10 mL should be applied at different sites by dividing the total dose into two injections far apart.
- Keep in a cool, dry place at a temperature no higher than 30 ° C.
1 g bottle with 50 mL diluent and 4 g bottle with 200 mL diluent.